Sold on Smaller Class Sizes

Magdiel Bautista transferred to University of Houston Marilyn Davies College of Business from University of Houston. He started his college journey as a Biology major and Accounting minor. After taking many biology and chemistry courses, he learned that the accounting courses were more interesting to him.

“So I went to my counselor and I asked her about changing over to accounting and she said okay you can start off at this business school but out of 400 applicants, they only accept 40 to 50 so you should start looking at other schools,” said Bautista. “Perhaps, consider UHD and checking that place out. I started researching a bit over at University of Houston-Downtown and checking out the Marilyn Davies College of Business and I decided that was the best way to go.”

“For me, it was the class sizes. Over at U of H, I had many classes that had 400 to 500 students and I never got that personal professor relationship. They wouldn’t even know me. I wouldn’t know them. I was a number among thousands of students that they had. Looking to UHD, I had many classes that had maximum 30 students in a single class so I got to know a lot of good friends here and personally know the professors.”

Learn more about UHD Marilyn Davies College of Business Bachelor of Business in Accounting.